12104 – Employment insurance and revenue officers

Broad Occupation Category

1 –Business, finance, and administration occupations


2 – Occupations usually require a college diploma or apprenticeship training of two or more years; or supervisory occupations

Major Group

12 – Administrative and financial supervisors and specialized administrative occupations

Sub-major group

121 – Specialized administrative occupations

Minor group

1210 – Administrative and regulatory occupations

Employment insurance and revenue officers administer and enforce laws and regulations related to tax revenue, employment insurance and other government benefit services. They are employed by government agencies.

Let us help you Apply for Canada PR as Employment insurance and revenue officers

Example Titles

  • Employment insurance agent

  • Employment insurance benefits control officer

  • Revenue officer

  • Tax collection officer

  • Tax enforcement officer

Main Duties

This group performs some or all of the following duties:

Excise tax revenue officers

  • Audit accounting records to determine income, exemptions, payable taxes, compliance with reporting regulations and existence of fraud

  • Examine accounting systems and internal controls of organizations

  • Provide advice on reporting and evaluation methods for goods subject to taxation

  • Prepare briefs and assist in searching and seizing records, and in preparing charges for court cases.

Government benefits services officers

  • Determine the eligibility of persons applying for government benefits such as Employment Insurance (EI), Canada Pension Plan (CPP) and Old Age Security (OAS)

  • Ascertain the facts on such issues as reasons for loss of employment and availability for work

  • Monitor the payments of benefits and investigate claimants when there appears to be fraud or abuse.

Employment Requirements

  • A bachelor's degree or college diploma is usually required.

  • Several years of related administrative or regulatory experience may be required.

  • Completion of specialized government training is required.